Friday, November 22, 2013

New Fiction published by 10,000 Tons of Black Ink!


"A Shortage of Butterscotch at a Time When Butterscotch is Sorely Needed," by Chris Insana at www. 10ktobi.org

An excerpt from the story:

"Things got kind of weird when we got back to my apartment.  We were both a little drunk and we started making out on my leather sofa.  Her leg knocked over a glass of wine all over my new rug so we stopped.  She asked me where the bedroom was.  I pointed to the door.  She picked up her purse and walked in.  I followed her.  As soon as I walked in, she was getting undressed.  I wasn’t really sure what to do, so I just watched.  She got completely naked and then pulled out handcuffs from her purse and attached herself to my headboard.  I started to take my shirt off but she told me that first she wanted us to lick butterscotch off of each other’s bodies.  I said I didn’t have any so she told me to run down to the store to get some.

"It wasn’t until I reached the lobby of my building that I began to wonder if she was going to rob my apartment while I was gone.  I thought about going back up, but when I pictured her lying there naked, I figured it was worth the risk.  I ran to three separate stores on the blocks by my house, but none of them had any butterscotch.  I picked up some chocolate syrup and hoped it would be an acceptable substitute."

Chris Insana is an aspiring writer living in his native New York.  He currently works at Regis High School, which he attended before going to Georgetown University for his bachelor’s degree.  One of his screenplays was a finalist at the Ivy Film Festival, an international annual film festival run by Brown University.  He is currently in the process of applying for his MFA in fiction writing.  His short fiction has appeared in such places as his desktop computer and USB drive.