Read at our first Prose Show of the year! We are now accepting fiction and creative non-fiction stories up to 3,500 words for our March reading.
For consideration, please submit your manuscript by January 31, 2008, following the guidelines below:
1) Submissions should be no longer than 3,500 words. The writer must be able to present the story in a polished, professional manner in 15-17 minutes or less.
2) The story must be the original work of the writer submitting it and if accepted, will be responsible for presenting the work at the March LWN Prose Show between 7:00-9 p.m.
3) Story submissions must be complete stories or a novel excerpt that stands alone as a complete story.
4) Flash fiction is encouraged.
5) Only one story will be accepted per author.
6) Story submissions are subject to editing for content and (stage) time; the writer may be responsible for making editing suggestions.
7) Submission for the LWN Prose Show does not guarantee participation.
8) Please submit your story in electronic form with “submission” in the subject line to email@example.com by January 31, 2008 with a brief cover letter sharing any related experience and writing background.
9) Manuscripts should include your name and contact information, including a phone number where you can be reached.